Vijaya FM 101.6 is a community station based in Gaindakot 8, East Nawalparasi . It is run by Vijaya Community Information and Communication Cooperative Society Limited (VICCOL) which was established in 2001. It went on air on 21 August 2004. It is now available 18 hours daily on 101.6 MHz. Its main objective is to make the people living in rural areas aware about the information of the overall globe.
It has now run many radio programs that becomes the core concern of any society. These programs includes office time, and many others. It also fetches the news via International news agencies like BBC and national agencies like Ujyalo, Nepal khabar, kayakairan and many more.
The concept of starting a community FM started 12 years ago in Gaindakot, Nawalparasi where the broadcasting building of Vijaya FM stands with glory. Its first on air broadcasting was in August 2003. Since then Vijaya FM has somehow become successful in satisfying their audiences seeking for better and reliable national and international news. Now Vijaya FM has successfully completed 17 years of broadcast.
Capacity and coverage
Vijaya FM now has the transmission capacity of 1000 watts with the help of modern transmission equipments. this FM has successful transmission in 22 districts of Central-Nepal including Nawalparasi, Chitwan, Tanahun, Bara, Parsa, Lamjung, Syanja, Gorkha, Makwanpur, Dhading, Nuwakot, Parbat, Baglung, Palpa, Gulmi, Kapilvastu and Rupendehi etc.
- To provide true and factual information for the information, awareness, organisation and activeness of people in communal activities.
- To promote democracy, peace, sustainable development, good governance, press freedom, rights to information, social harmony & individual liberty through the programs.
- Carry out the voice of indigenous people.
- To promote, develop and conserve the local art, culture and good tradition through the programs.
- To contribute for promotion of local business, tourism and national and international products at local level by Radio Content.
- Disseminate information to mitigate the bad customs, discrimination, and superstitions.
- Establish a double communication between the policy makers and policy users as well as to develop communication system in the community.
- Gopal Das community journalism award-2064 was awarded to Vijaya FM by Nepal Press institute for the contribution in raising awareness programmes in an effective, informative in the community via community based programmes through all community radios of Nepal.
- Vijaya FM 101.6 has been awarded for Excellence cooperative award in terms of best performance in content, administrative management, co-operative values and norms and other activities among all cooperative organizations in Nawalparasi district by Division Cooperative Office, Nawalparasi.
- Nepali pop, rock, modern, film soundtracks, folk, bhajans, classics
- Eastern Classical Music (Instrumental)
- Classic Rock
- Modern Rock
- Rap/ Reggae/ Hip Hop/ Dance
- Hindi Pop, Film Soundtracks, ghazals, bhajans
- English sounds (with Low priority)
Activities of VijayaFM 101.6